The first time you use QardioBase, you will need to switch it on. To turn it on, open the rubber flap on the right hand side of your QardioBase. Move the switch from right to left to turn QardioBase on. You only need to switch on QardioBase the first time you activate your scale.
Once you have switched QardioBase on, follow the directions below to set up QardioBase to use. Set up only needs to be performed once – after that, QardioBase will automatically know that it’s you when you step on the scale.
- Download the free Qardio App: on your mobile phone or tablet go to getqardio.com and when prompted, download the app. Alternatively, go on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore. The Qardio App is available for free.
- Open the Qardio App on your phone or tablet. Make sure your Bluetooth is enabled. You can enable Bluetooth under the Settings menu on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create a new user account, or login with your existing user name and password. If you are a new user, follow the on-screen instructions to register and set up your Qardio personal profile. Ensure you enter the details in your profile correctly as they are used to accurately calculate your BMI and body composition. Choose QardioBase as your device to proceed with setup.
- With the Qardio App open, step on and stand on your QardioBase to associate your QardioBase with your phone or tablet. Follow the instructions in the Qardio App to perform setup.
- If you would like to connect QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network, follow the instructions on the screen of your phone or tablet. Connecting QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network allows your weight data to be transmitted without the need for your phone or tablet. To connect QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network you will need to know the following information:
- Wireless network name (SSID).
- WPA / WPA2 password (if applicable).
- If you do not know this information, you can refer to the manufacturer of your wireless router or contact your Internet service provider for assistance.
- If required, enable "Weight Only Mode" or “Pregnancy Mode” from the Qardio App, then step on QardioBase again to perform your first measurement. Enable Smart Feedback and set your weight target to have QardioBase display facial expressions indicating the progression of your weight and body composition data towards your target. Learn more about QardioBase special modes here.
- After setup is complete, step on QardioBase to perform a weight measurement. By default, weight will display first, followed by % body fat. If you have shoes or socks on, or if you have Weight-only Mode or Pregnancy Mode on, QardioBase will only display your weight. The Qardio App will show detailed body composition data, including weight, percentage body fat, muscle mass, water, bone mass and BMI.
If you have set up Wi-Fi you don’t need your phone/tablet to record your measurement. Step on QardioBase with the metal circle on the same side of your heels and your feet well apart for a correct body composition measurement.
QardioBase is the wireless smart scale and body analyzer that combines intelligent features, ease of use, and sleek design to make weight and health management an integral part of your everyday life. Learn more about QardioBase smart scale here.