Setting up QardioBase for the first time and taking measurements is as easy as stepping on the scale. Follow the directions below to set up QardioBase to use. Set up only needs to be performed once – after that, QardioBase will automatically know that it’s you when you step on the scale.
- Download the free Qardio App: on your mobile phone or tablet go to getqardio.com and when prompted, download the app. Alternatively, go on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore. The Qardio App is available for free.
- Open the Qardio App on your phone or tablet. Make sure your Bluetooth is enabled. You can enable Bluetooth under the Settings menu on your smartphone or tablet.
- Login with your existing user name and password, or create a new user account. If you are a new user, follow the on-screen instructions to register and set up your Qardio personal profile. Choose QardioBase as your device to proceed with setup.
- Press the green START button to begin setup. With the Qardio App open, step on and stand on your QardioBase to associate your QardioBase with your phone or tablet. When prompted, accept the pairing request and step down (at this stage QardioBase is in setup mode and will not perform weight measurement).
- If you would like to connect QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network, follow the instructions on the screen of your phone or tablet. Connecting QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network allows your weight data to be transmitted without the need for your phone or tablet. To connect QardioBase to your Wi-Fi network you will need to know the following information:
- QardioBase can only connect to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network (it can't connect to 5 GHz).
- Wireless network name (SSID).
- WPA / WPA2 password.
- If you do not know this information, you can refer to the manufacturer of your wireless router or contact your Internet service provider for assistance.
- If required, enable "Weight Only Mode" or “Pregnancy Mode” from the Qardio App, then step on QardioBase again to perform your first measurement. Enable Smart Feedback and set your weight target to have QardioBase display facial expressions indicating the progression of your weight and body composition data towards your target. Learn more about QardioBase special modes here.
- After setup is complete, step on QardioBase to perform a weight measurement. By default, weight will display first, followed by % body fat. If you have shoes or socks on, or if you have Weight-only Mode or Pregnancy Mode on, QardioBase will only display your weight. The Qardio App will show detailed body composition data, including weight, percentage body fat, muscle mass, water, bone mass and BMI.
Your QardioBase is now fully associated with your mobile phone or tablet through your Qardio App. If you have connected your QardioBase to Wi-Fi You no longer need to have your device with you when you take your measurement – QardioBase will automatically recognize it’s you when you step on and submit and store the data in your Qardio App. If you are using your QardioBase with Bluetooth only, you will need to have your phone or tablet with you when you weight yourself.